Lead Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
No matter what goals today’s athlete has, the Connected Fitness business unit provides the technology needed to help them train, perform, and improve. All they need to bring is the WILL. MapMyFitness, Endomondo, MyFitnessPal and Under Armour have teamed up to create Under Armour Connected Fitness, a business unit dedicated to providing the technology needed to train, perform and improve. Aimed at transforming fitness and performance, Under Armour is committed to leveraging new and emerging digital technologies to create unmatched consumer and member experiences, both online and in our stores.
We are seeking a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to become an integral part of our team! You will be required to demonstrate strong software engineering skills, as well as the ability to both understand and implement novel machine learning solutions. You will spend a mix of your time researching new solutions for product features as well as productionizing these solutions to make sure they work at scale. You will work closely with data scientists and engineers to solve complex problems and deliver business impact.
- Research and experiment with different machine learning algorithms and techniques for pattern recognition, attribute extraction, product recommendation and matching
- Productionize the developed Machine Learning solutions
- Work with engineers to make sure the engines scale well on high volumes of data
- Conduct design and code reviews
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
- Experience in using machine learning techniques for classification, regression, or ranking problems.
- 3+ years of industry experience in machine learning preferred
- Strong CS fundamentals, such as algorithms and data structures
- Expertise in Python
- Proficiency with databases and SQL
- Experience with mobile application is a bonus
- Experience with cloud computing stacks such as Amazon Web Services preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.