Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour Connected Fitness is looking for extraordinary services engineers for our MyFitnessPal team. We’re keeping ourselves busy designing and building scalable microservices from the ground up. Our community of over 200 million users provides us with plenty of challenging scaling problems. We are continuously improving our set of services and strengthening the foundation for our mobile and internal applications. We’re focused on providing our users with amazing health and fitness experiences.
As a member of the Nutrition Services team you will...
● Build and maintain low latency, high performance scalable systems
● Design, implement, and scale new APIs, aggregation services, and data centric microservices
● Solve interesting scaling problems in an application ecosystem with over 200 million users
● Work closely with other engineers within your team and across the entire engineering organization from mobile clients to data science/engineering
● Work closely with product managers to define customer facing feature requirements and underlying service implementations
● Rapidly iterate on existing product and platform features
● Work with massive data sets on the scale of tens of billions of records
● Work to break apart our legacy Rails monolith into scalable Scala services
We are looking for someone that...
● Has a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
● Has a strong algorithms and data structures background.
● Has solid knowledge of the technological fundamentals of developing applications for the Internet, including Unix/Linux, relational databases, HTTP and REST
● Has an understanding of good software development practices/patterns/architecture
● Has significant experience in at least one programming language, ideally Ruby or Scala.
● Enjoys working as part of a team.
● Picks up new technology quickly.
● Writes clean, elegant, readable, well tested, and well documented code.
Examples of Technologies we use
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.