Account Marketing Manager (14 Mo Contract)
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
** This is a temporary position starting in May 2020 **
The Account Marketing Manager is responsible for marketing strategy and oversight of execution for all marketing related activity within wholesale accounts in Canada. The teammate in this role will craft channel and account specific go-to-market strategies, positioning and activation plans in partnership with the Canada Brand and Sports Marketing and the larger North American Marketing Team. It is essential that the Account Marketing Manager focus on driving retail sales andBrand consideration and affinity by delivering consumer-focused marketing activations, tailored to the channel, key product stories and by account. This teammate will ensure Under Armour products are powerfully positioned in Canadian wholesale accounts to connect with customers and drive sales.
- Plan and execute marketing activations with Canadian wholesale accounts that connect to regional category & Global strategy and drive sales
- Directly oversee strategic marketing planning and day to day relationship with key sporting goods accounts, including Sport Chek, Sport Experts
- Directly oversee Canadian wholesale marketing strategy, prioritizing top partners and advise a marketing operations partners on execution needs
- Work with cross functional partners (category marketers, sales, merchandising, visual, etc.) to prioritize account positioning and storytelling within Canada, with a focus on Brand building and hero product innovation stories
- Work with sales and financial partners on the ongoing management of Canada based Capital Expendatures is related to Canada Wholesale accounts.
- Author briefs to initiate and develop channel and account-level activations within Canada, building on regional & Global category briefs where relevant
- Partner with North America marketing channel teams to consult on seasonal tactical briefs and acts as a stakeholder throughout seasonal execution
- Drive and deliver go-to-market timelines for relevant wholesale account campaigns
- Coordinate with the regional category team to ensure Canadian wholesale account activations are both regionally and country relevant, integrating account positioning and prioritization into planning
- Ensure briefs and feedback provided to regional category team aid in the development of campaign elements that can be successfully leveraged by the wholesale account team
- Build budget recommendations for Canadian wholesale and act as stakeholder in execution with marketing channel team
- Partner with and supports North America Marketing Leadership
- Build close partnerships with all cross functional teams related to Canadian wholesale accounts and ensures relevant insights are cascaded to key stakeholders
- Assist North America Marketing Ops to measure effectiveness of marketing tactics
- Work with and support Associate Marketing Manager including day-to-day collaboration, act as a leader on strategy and tactic recommendations
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Consumer Orientation - Able to think consumer-first and drive relevant strategies that drive preference and loyalty for UA
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Team building and leadership – Able to influence others, drive consistent execution, effectively address challenges and lead a team of peers to solutions
- Business Acumen – Agile decision-making, entrepreneurial nature, ability to formulate a strong POV and adjust plans strategically in a changing environment.
- High Initiative - Able to create and drive plans independently. High level of curiosity and inventive thinking to differentiate our Brand.
- French Canadian proficiency – Ability to understand and communicate in French Canadian would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant marketing experience in a fast-paced, product-oriented, consumer-driven company
- Build marketing strategies tied to business plans (long and short-term)
- Strong Product Marketing
- Consumer and Business Analytics
- Consumer Segmentation and Targeting
- Strategic and Creative Process Briefing
- Budgeting, ROI Quantification
- Internal client partnership-building with product teams
- Be globally curious in nature
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, to include: creative briefs, presentations (Power Point, Keynote, and verbal), great storytelling
- Previous experience at Sports Company or retail environment is a plus
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel)
Under Armour is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, ancestry, color, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, language, age, history of conviction of criminal or summary conviction offence that is unrelated to the employment or to the intended employment of that individual, social condition, receipt of public assistance, political convictions or beliefs, physical or mental disability, handicap or the use of any means to palliate a handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, civil status, family status, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by protected status.